Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Welding, cutting, machinery and repair works as required by the Staff Chief Engineer and the onboard work request system.
- Closed collaboration with the Safety Engineer in order to perform maintenance on all technical equipment.
- Routine checks of engine tools and welding equipment.
- Responsible for the engine workshop housekeeping and allover condition of fixed engine workshop equipment.
- Managing of the inventory of consumable spares and welding materials linked with engine workshop operation (supported by the Storekeeper Inventory).
- Sounding of fuel and lube oil tanks and filling sounding forms.
- Head of the workshop duties include (but are not limited to):
- Disassembling and assembling of engine parts
- All kind of mechanical works
- Repair works according unplanned maintenance system
- Maintenance of all workshop equipment